LAST UPDATED: June 28th, 2020
If you are a California resident, please see the “Information for California Consumers” section below
Collection of Information
- Information you provide to us. Secondhand Cycle collects information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register or update the details of your account, participate in identity verification programs via Persona, post information in order to sell any good through the Secondhand Cycle Service, enroll in any third-party operated payment processing services offered in connection with the Secondhand Cycle Service, communicate with other users, provide reviews, questions, or other comments, purchase any services from Secondhand Cycle, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, Secondhand Cycle account password, telephone number, postal address including city, state and zip code, photographs, written descriptions of your posted goods, any bids you make on offers through the Secondhand Cycle Service, any reviews or comments you make using the Secondhand Cycle Service, all correspondence or communications with other users or with us conducted via the Secondhand Cycle Service, government-issued identification documents (such as a driver’s license), and any other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Secondhand Cycle Service. When you access or use the Secondhand Cycle Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
2.1. Log Information: We log information about your use of the Secondhand Cycle Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Secondhand Cycle Service
2.2. Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Secondhand Cycle Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
2.3. Location Information: If you consent to the collection of location information from your computer or mobile device, we may collect this information when you access or use the Secondhand Cycle Service, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information. We may also use your IP address to infer an approximate geographic location for your computer or device. For more details, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
2.4. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the Secondhand Cycle Service and your experience, see which areas and features of the Secondhand Cycle Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Secondhand Cycle Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
Use of Information
5. General Uses. Secondhand Cycle uses information about you for various purposes, including to:
5.1. Enable you to access and use the Secondhand Cycle Service, to personalize the Secondhand Cycle Service, and to optimize the type of offers presented to you when you use the Secondhand Cycle Service;
5.2. Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Secondhand Cycle marketplace, including through detection and prevention of fraud, unauthorized access, intrusion, and service interruption;
5.3. Conduct investigations and to respond to disputes between users, error resolution, and other similar customer support services;
5.4. Enable any identification programs we may institute and in which you elect or are required to participate (e.g. Persona), such as verifying your identity and address, and conduct checks against various publicly-available databases;
5.5. Operate, protect, improve and optimize the Secondhand Cycle Service, our business, and our users’ experience;
5.6. Perform analytics, conduct research, and monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Secondhand Cycle Service;
5.7. Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Secondhand Cycle and others, and provide advertisements that match user profiles or interests, news and information we think will be of interest to you;
5.8. Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
5.9. Comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement agencies, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
5.10. Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
5.11. Assist third-party payment processors with transaction processing, error, chargeback and disputed transaction resolution, and similar payment processing functions; and
5.12. Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Secondhand Cycle is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Secondhand Cycle Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law
Sharing of Information
6.1. With the public on the Secondhand Cycle Service. This information includes your name, your approximate location, your rating, reviews, and badges, the month and year you joined, and all of your active and historical listings.
6.3. With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (including, without limitation, with third-party service providers that may use the information we share to help us and other companies detect inaccurate personal information and prevent fraudulent transactions);
6.4. In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
6.5. If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Secondhand Cycle or others;
6.6. In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
6.7. Between and among Secondhand Cycle, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
6.8. With your consent or at your direction, including as mentioned in the Social Sharing Features section below or if we otherwise notify you through the Secondhand Cycle Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
7. Social Sharing Features. The Secondhand Cycle Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the Secondhand Cycle Service with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
9. Secondhand Cycle takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
10. Account Information. You may update, correct or remove account profile information at any time by logging in to your account. If you would like to cancel your Secondhand Cycle account entirely, please contact us, and enter your request for cancellation, but please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. For example, any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Secondhand Cycle Service in association with your account name even after your Secondhand Cycle account is cancelled. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
11. Location Information. We may use your computer or mobile device’s IP address to infer an approximation of your location when using certain features of the Secondhand Cycle Services, such as the Secondhand Cycle payments solution.
12. Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the Secondhand Cycle Service. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Secondhand Cycle Service.
13. Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, and other communications from Secondhand Cycle by following the instructions in those emails, text messages or other communications or by logging on to your Secondhand Cycle account and opting out of receiving the newsletter.
14. Information for California Residents. This section provides additional disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which applies to the personal information we collect about California residents.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name, contact information, device identifiers and state-issued ID numbers); internet or other electronic network activity information (such as usage data); demographic information (such as age); commercial information (such as products purchased or sold); geolocation data; inferences (such as approximate location); visual or similar information (such as photographs of yourself); and other information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you and that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories (such as personal information contained in reviews, comments and communications with us). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the “Collection of Information” section above.
We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes listed in the “Use of Information” section above. We share the personal information we collect with the categories of third parties listed in the “Sharing of Information” section above.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California residents with the right to:
- request to know about the personal information that we have collected about you in the 12 months preceding your request (including the categories of information collected, the source of that information, the business purpose of that collection, the categories of third parties with whom that information is shared, and the specific pieces of personal information collected about you);
- request to delete any personal information about you that we have collected;
- opt-out of “sales” of personal information to third parties, if applicable; and
- not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights
We do not “sell” the personal information we collect (and will not sell it in the future without providing a right to opt out).
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In both cases, we will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you. You may designate another person as your authorized agent to act on your behalf with regard to CCPA requests. If you have designated an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf, we will require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf and may also still ask you to verify your identity with us directly.
Questions and Comments.